If you feel trapped in an addiction to pornography, you are likely dealing with sexual addiction. Just because you are not acting with other people doesn’t mean you don’t face a serious problem. Seeking help is one of the first steps toward a meaningful recovery
If you’re tired of pornography ruling your life, then San Diego Christian counseling is here to help you gain freedom. We want you to find healing from the wounds causing your addiction and the damage it has done to yourself and to those you love. Sexual addiction is almost always rooted in deep emotional pain from your past.
Christian counseling for sexual addiction will help you:
- Understand the cause of your addiction, where it comes from, and how it affects your life.
- Teach you how to deal with the deeper issues, so you can stop coping with symptoms and start healing.
- Develop healthy, meaningful relationships with other people, including intimate relationships.
- Rebuild self-esteem, and provide a new sense of identity and direction.
- Establish renewed confidence in your own sexual identity.
- Foster and strengthen loving relationships with yourself, others, and God.
An addiction to pornography is a form of sex addiction, which is a serious issue. Christian counseling is a place for you and your loved ones to better understand sexual addiction, discuss your expectations regarding recovery, and equip you with tools for real, lasting change. Sexual addiction damages everyone involved, not the addict alone. In light of this, it’s important to respond to concerns earlier rather than later. The longer it goes on the more damage that will be done. Don’t live in secrecy and shame. Seek help where you can heal from your past wounds and grow into greater intimacy and closeness with Jesus Christ.